If you’ve read all the posts “Travel Tips for Flying During the Coronavirus Pandemic”, I want you to know this is not another one of those posts…
CNN, Business Insider, Fox News, LA Times, Washington Post, Condé Nast, they have all contributed. Let’s get what they said out of the way first
- Stand 6 feet apart
- Wash your hands and bring hand sanitizer
- Wear a mask
- Use the mobile app for boarding pass
- Stay seated when on the plane
- Wipe down your area
Now that we’ve discussed common sense, let’s chat about some actionable tips when traveling during coronavirus.
Since March, we’ve been on roughly 10 planes, all with Delta. This list of tips comes directly from the notepad on our iPhone.
Tips on traveling.
The reality is, traveling has only changed slightly. Sure the industry was brought to its knees and everyone within it had to make changes, but the overall experience from the traveler side hasn’t changed – by much.
Let’s dive into it.
- Make sure that mask is comfortable. Wearing a mask the entire flight isn’t bad, but investing in a comfortable mask, one you can wear for 2+ hours can make this experience much more enjoyable.
- Bring your own water bottle! We stress this a lot, but in my mind, it is more crucial now than ever before. With airlines trying to limit the amount they are serving, extra water, and snacks won’t hurt. Delta, for example, has handled their inflight service very well, but nice to have on hand.
- Sneaky tip, small, but can go a long way. Make sure you have gum or even a travel toothbrush in your carry-on. We recommend the Colgate wisp portable toothbrush. A way to freshen up when you land should be considered after wearing a mask for hours on end.
- Dependent on where you are sitting, the onboarding process is back to front (for Delta at least). Keep that in mind. Middle seats are cancelled so enjoy the space. If your party isn’t sitting together, ask the gate agent. They will typically make changes to keep parties together. I’ve been 100% successful with this effort.
Travel really remains the same. The people with the boots on the ground have done everything to cover all traveler’s concerns.
Keep the tips above in your back pocket and don’t forget to wash your hands…idiot.